Tlr 200 Carburettor

dirtrider

Just bought a tlr 200 with apparently the wrong carb. It is a keihin but I think perhaps too big. After the bike has run for a short while it chokes up. Can anyone let me know what carb I need and where I might get one from?

Also what jet size it should have etc.

Cheers

Straight from the Honda manual

Type 660C

Float level 24mm

Main Jet 98

Slow Jet 40

Needle in 2nd notch

Air screw 1 7/8 out

This is not for the Reflex (I dont know if the yare the same)

have a search on the web under TLR200 and you wiill find some more detailed information

Try to find out what diameter the TLR200 carb is - I suspect that it is a 22mm carb.

If that is the case visit your local breakers and get a carb from a XL125S or XL185S (or even XL100S!), all are 22mm. They are the same basic design and should not take too much setting up.

I would also be inclined to try a carb from a CB125 (single) or CG125 from the early - mid 80's

If you go for the XL125 carb even the main jet is the same size.

• 3 months later...

As far as I am aware There is a slight difference to the tank mounting on 250 & 200.

The 250 has a metal strap which slips over the frame 'mounts' & positions the rubber 'caps' which mount the tank about 2" higher up than on the 200.

The 200 tank mounts on the frame directly via rubber 'caps' on the frame 'mounts'.

Hope this makes sense - its easier to see than describe. I tried a 200 tank I have as a spare on my 250 & found the difference.

It would be relatively easy to make up something to suit 250 type tank mounts.