Trials Tyres

davet

my old man runs a tyre depot and have most trials tyres;

Michelin and IRC are by far the most popular for modern trials. IRC is really popular because of the mud down here (rocks, what rocks?) and make a tubed version. He has Dunlops but no one seams interested in them. He has Michelin Lights, but the verdict is still out.

The Pirelli MT43 is the middle of the road it seams (in price and quality it seams), used a lot by pre65, etc type guys, the current ones are both Tubed and Tubeless. All the enduro guys who need a trials tyre tend to get these.

For the budget end my old man stock Vee Rubber, and for beginers, pre65, etc he gets resonable feedback which considering it's price - circa a third of a premium tyre - seams justified. Mitas also make budget trials tyres, again similar feedback.

Bridgestone used to make one (TW24), not sure if it's still available (could find out though), and i think there is another budget brand called "Cheng Shin" (defiantly do TY80 tyres). If you've a mx bike (19" rear) and need a trials tyre the cheat (other than get an 18" wheel) is to get a old speedway tyre - loads going about all the time.

Think that covers it all (would love to know about any others), obviously performance on rock is key up north, less so down here ....