Footpeg Hight On An Ossa Mar

gordo

Hi folks, I am using longer shocks on my Ossa MAR. They give me more ground clearance and make turning easier, but they raise the pegs up as well. I was thinking about lowering my pegs. Just wanted some feedback on that idea. Thought it might bring my center of gravity down a bit. I put some aftermaket pegs on that are wider and have a lot of grip. These pegs ended up being higher than the stock ones which doesn't feel comfortable. Just thought lowering them even more might be better. I'm not that tall, but I feel like I'm too high and bending too much to get to the bars. Just an experiment over the winter. And I'm going to leave the stock mounts where they are and make new ones, so I can go back to the way they were.

Hi, lowering (and moving back) will improve the riding position in my opinion

but keeping the original brackets may make riding awkward, other points to consider:

new footrest bracket/plate may stop sidestand operating fully

rear brake pedal may need modifying for reach and height

have you tried higher bars/risers?

possibly a spare frame to do the mods on while keeping the original, original?

here's a few pics of one I modified lately for ideas

023.jpg

006.jpg

0102.jpg

018.jpg

016.jpg

Hi

I lowered mine to where AMO has his but mine are basically straight down. I'm 5'7" so going back is not needed for me. I did raise my renthal 5.5" bars another 1/2 inch with risers like AMO.

My peg to grip gap is now very close to my modern bike and the improvement in the feel of the ossa is vg. I went with new brackets and new style pegs, cut the old off.

cheers

b

I didn't think about the old mounts being in the way. That's correct. They will be. I just hate to cut them off. As it is now, with the new pegs, I have to lift the peg in order to get a full kick on the kicker.

I read or heard somewhere that a good position for the pegs is in line with the front and rear axle. Does that sound about right?

I measured mine and they're dropped about 1 1/4 inches about to the centre of the back break pivot. definitely higher than a straight line with the axels. unless you're worried about restoring to orginal i would cut the old studs off as they're just too high, old pegs are too thin and short for safe riding in my opinion.

cheers

b

"a good position for the pegs is in line with the front and rear axle" Not sure about that...may be a good start point?

For trials, back and below of the swingarm pivot is usually a good footrest position