Uk Scorpa Importer ?

shercool

Wonder what bikes they will use for the Display team now?

I cannot think that this is anything but unfair but business is like that I guess.

IF Scorpa want the importer to take 3 times the bikes I can't see anyone increasing Scorpa sales by that amount, even with the new 4 stroke they are 3rd in that race as it is and sales of the 4rt are anything less than dramatic. If birkett were to get it would he take 3 times the number of bikes, doubt it.

What happens to the Scorpa sponsored riders?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder what bikes they will use for the Display team now?

What happens to the Scorpa sponsored riders?

Hmm, I was thinking about the 'Team Extreme' Scorpa bikes too...

Anybody seen the promo cover of the new 'Trials World' magazine? I'm sure it's Dan Clark but he's on a very shiny Sherco - has he switched brands already or was it more of a "Here's a new Sherco, throw it at that wall for our camera man"

I'd imagine that the new Scorpa importer would look at all the existing sponsored riders and have a re-shuffle depending on latest results/potential :)

Being on this side of the pond, I've never had the chance to meet Crosser! I have heard from friends over here (Mike Komer) that he is a great guy! After reading what has transpired over there with Scorpa, I would just add to that by saying it takes a lot of class to come on here and publicly say the truth about what happened! Good luck in your future ventures, I believe that your dedication to the sport and your business with Scorpa will only help you in whatever you choose to do next!

As Perce has stated, I would agree that giving someone unreal quota's and expectations is another way of terminating a current contract, and sabotaging a new one! Business I guess! Cheers Crosser!

Steve Fracy

I just can't understand how the Scorpa management would apparently ignore the advice of a local importer, especially one as obviously knowlegable and experienced as the Crosswaites. Surely they rely on their importers to provide them with vital information about the market into which their products will be sold? If Scorpa's critical marketing decisions are now being taken by accountants instead of engineers and enthusiasts, you'd have to think that maybe it's the start of the end. Remember what happened to CCM when that happened? CCM were a company in a very similar situation to Scorpa (innovative chassis design using a bought-in engine selling into a niche market)? Short-term boosting of the bottom line in order to make the company more attractive to investors or potential buyers?

All speculation of course, but it does seem to be... odd.

At the end of the day I'm sure all this chopping and changing is down to the fact that Scorpa UK is a commercial venture

Trials (& enduros) will never be a commercial venture. It may support a few staff but that's it. Marc Tessier, Josep Piebernat & Nacsis Cassas ain't going to rich on our sport but they'll have a hell of a lot of fun. I watched a very wealthy Cape Town trials rider take the local agency for KTM (his sons ride enduros and trials and I can still beat the little f%$ers in both enduros and trials) and get seriously bitten.

Listing Scorpa was (IMO) seriously dumb.

Did Birks take the agency? Nigel are you lurking? If you are you know who I am.

I met Martin a few years ago over here in the states.He came over and rode four nationals for the Tryals Shop that year on the new sy.He was a treat to watch ride made the big rocks look like pebbles.He won one of those four nationals on the Scorpa .He is a great guy and I am sure he will enjoy just being able to ride again.JR