Beta Tr34 Air Cooled Mono Worth Restoring Or Not ?

old trials fanatic

Bought a Beta TR34 260cc the other day and as usual when you get down to it the list of stuff that wants doing is getting longer and longer day by day.

Now what i was wondering was whats parts like to source? because if you cant get the parts theres not much point in taking it further and i might just break it up?

Just wondered what experiences with sourceing parts for these other people have had ?

Bits needed are forks rechroming, rear shock cream crackered, front caliper, graphics otherwise everything else can be easily sorted but i've little or no idea what one is worth.

Hi, I think you may struggle to get forks as a lot of guys like using them for conversions on older bikes.

You may find a few other air cooled mono's like Aprillas had the same shock though. Mine is none standard, I have no idea what it came off but it works. Calipers again are similar on other bikes, I think both Brembo and Grimeca fit. I have a spare front caliper but its probably seized.

As TrickyDicky said, Steve Goode and Lampkins are your best bet. There is a parts diagram freely available if you google TR34 parts. Its also worth searching TR34 on here as there is a fair few threads from over the years.

Decals are a nightmare, what year is it? If you are unsure Lampkins have a list of frame numbers online.

A decent bike seems to fetch about

Edited by wasntme

Hey OTF I thought a/c monos were the devil in disguise up your neck of the woods ?? :o

LOL yes i know what you mean. Just thought it was a cheap bike when i saw it then after looking at it in the cold light of day the reality set in. They just arent worth anything and it seems daft to spend two or three hundred doing up a bike that at best is probably only worth five :o Guess i'm just daft and a bit useless when buying bikes ;)

Thats me looking for a seat. ;)

I wonder if you bought the bike off ebay with the black and red tank and upside down forks?

There is full front brake set on ebay, off a TY but will fit.

Rich

No its not that one mine is the same as the one in your picture. Thanks for the advice about the front brake set as i've got a caliper and master cylinder for a pinky somewhere which i bought ages ago when i had a pinky. Must have a root about in the shed :o

Broadly speaking..anything between the last of the twin shockers up to circa late 90's seems to have negligible value ;) (except the TY /rtl monos maybe?).

Great for exercising your spanner skills though! Hope you get something out of it. :o

Edited by HAM2