Check Your Water Pump Impeller

marky g

Just stripping down my 01 250 and noticed the water pump impeller had come away from it's shaft. I've got a new one today and Sherco have changed it, the old one was an all cast alloy affair but the new one has a brass center and a plastic body.

The old alloy one had seperated it's self from it's thread and would have not been circulating the water around the engine, I've only just bought it so I cannot say if it ever was getting hot....might be something to look at if your Sherco is overheating for no apparant reason.

I would guess that the later bikes would have been changed by the factory...but you never know :D

later

Edited by Marky G

Marky, it was caught and sorted at the time, with better attachment of the impeller, I know RYP did it under warranty for those early models that had the concern, some may have slipped thru the net but three years after the fact is a bit late for warranty.

Edited by ishy

Hi Ishy

Mine must have slipped thru :D

The cylinder bore looks fine with no 'blueing' or score marks so I guess I'm lucky, the new one wasn't very expensive so no big deal.

I'm guessing that the old 'broken' one would still pick up on the shaft now and again, and spin the water thru a little bit.

Big rush to get the mains bearings in and the motor back in the frame for all those trails over the xmas break :santa1:

mark

I have found Sherco good at correcting things like this, instead of pretending the concern isn't there, they fix it as soon as they know about it.

It isn't just about having a good product, you also need good quality control and after sales service, or the punter just goes elsewhere next time.

It isn't just about having a good product, you also need good quality control and after sales service, or the punter just goes elsewhere next time.

Yeah - do you remember GasGas? Whatever happened to them? They made those disposable indoor bikes with the water bottle under the seat.

[E-mail sent from the future]

I am the worm that turned (2 weeks ago to Sherco) :P