Suspension

houseape1000

Hi all, does anyone know if the damping screw on the rear shock will come all the way out, and if so what what effect will this have, i.e. can I put it back in again..

I don't want to remove it, but have started tweaking the suspension a bit, and feel limited, as I don't want the screw to fall out.

There's a place not too far from me in Leigh, that repairs/reconditions shocks and the like, haven't spoken to him yet as theres no need to, but if things get messed up I'm sure I can get it fixed, but do I need to know the specs of the shock, and if so where will I find them.....

Thanks again,

Andy.

PS. To anybody getting fed up of answering my cries for help, I realise I'm asking a lot of questions lately, but I'm just doing a bit of maintenance before attempting a trial - I still haven't done one yet due to commitments, ( no, not ''the commitments'' )...........Cheers.........

Hi all, does anyone know if the damping screw on the rear shock will come all the way out, and if so what what effect will this have, i.e. can I put it back in again..

I don't want to remove it, but have started tweaking the suspension a bit, and feel limited, as I don't want the screw to fall out.

There's a place not too far from me in Leigh, that repairs/reconditions shocks and the like, haven't spoken to him yet as theres no need to, but if things get messed up I'm sure I can get it fixed, but do I need to know the specs of the shock, and if so where will I find them.....

Thanks again,

Andy.

PS. To anybody getting fed up of answering my cries for help, I realise I'm asking a lot of questions lately, but I'm just doing a bit of maintenance before attempting a trial - I still haven't done one yet due to commitments, ( no, not ''the commitments'' )...........Cheers.........

it will turn both directions to adjust the damping but its only meant to move so far, if you apply too much force you will break it which will be expensive to fix

why do you want to remove it ? I would suggest you dont

it will turn both directions to adjust the damping but its only meant to move so far, if you apply too much force you will break it which will be expensive to fix

why do you want to remove it ? I would suggest you dont

I don't want to remove it, thats the point, I have not turned it anticlockwise much, as I don't want it to come out, so does it have something to stop it being screwed all the way out......

Cheers !

I want to feel the damping when fully open and fully closed, so I have an idea of whats left, if I find the right setting for me !

Thanks again,

Andy.

Can't help - but enjoyed the film !

Turn the screw anticlockwise gently and count the turns/clicks and when you feel presure - stop - that's the end of its travel. Turn it gently clockwise and count the turns/clicks again when you feel presure stop. Now you should have a note of the number of turns, set it to the middle and play with it noting the turns each way. That way you can always set it back to where you started. hope this helps.

Paul Mac