Is The French Round Of Indoor On Tv?

jcam

It was obviously shortened coverage cos when the programme started the commentator said welcome back. All in all it looked a bit of a crap trial in my opinion. Cabes was good on the last section though to win. Quite looking forward to Barcelona on Sunday night. I agree with Dabster that the description of the places trials take place was genius. Scotland was a complete afterthought and it does hold the best trial in the world!

Happened upon coverage of the 3rd round of the World Indoor Enduro Championship from Spain on Eurosport 2 yesterday afternoon. Half an hour of action and only possible complaint was that the focus was always on Taddy and the likes of Grimbo who was as high as 4th in some races didn't get a look in. Contrast that with half hour coverage from Marseille late last night and why would anybody watch it? It was dull, dull, dull and that's for the likes of me who knows the riders, appreciates the skill and understands the sport. Have to hope that the third round is better tomorrow, but I really wonder if indoor trials on TV does anything to further our cause?

I've only just got cable with Eurosport this year and was like a pup with two tails at the thought of getting some Trials on the box.

Dabster is correct, (I've thought about how to keep this constructive, but have terminally failed.)

The coverage was diabolical, the editing was confused and missed key bits of riding, the commentator (well known for his generic-ness)

needs his P45.

I cannot believe that the bigger name sponsors eg, Red Bull and the like can be happy with that effort.

I think our sport is being done an injustice and a true arrestment of development when all they can show is that bullcrap.

A decent comentator from the Trials world, would have been cheaper also.

The 1993 Japanese indoor coverage was and is, (on youtube) better than what appears to be on offer these days. Some progress!

M

Needs to go back to a kickstart like format, race against each other, outdoors, not impossible sections so others can enter and get round, tricky stuff to complete but rewarded for feet up, jo public will like that and understand it, its what got me hooked. Yes the sports changed a hell of alot since then, but it needs some grass root lads/lasses in their like Kickstart had, I can remember many a centre champion on the TV back then. This indoor stuff was good when new but its well stale now and starting to ming abit Not that I'm a 3 day eventing fan but I think the riders on the cross country have two options at an obstacle, easy (more time) hard (less) need to give some lesser lights a go and have JP routing for the underdog, these new rules have mixed up the results abit but its not working for the trials fans

Edited by The Addict