Tcq

ringo

So let's see:

Last time I stopped by:

QUOTE (City Trials @ Apr 13 2009, 09:37 PM)

Dang, on the spot question. The era's are so different. The sections and bikes are designed so different.

But, I give you this food for thought. Rider? Or World Championship competitor? Patrick may be able to do a few things Tommi can't. But, Tommi can do things Pat can't.

On a World Championship scale, until Pat can win a World Championship, Pat isn't a better competitor than Tommi. Tommi's a World Champion and you can't take that away from him. It's documented for history.

To which I replied:

What the hell? I'm gone for a few minutes and I come back to a 'Politicaly Correct' Craig??? Have you gone soft? No more controversial statements on TC?

How about this? Is Pat a better competitor than Lane?

Well it's been another 6-7 months since I've been here [i litterally quit drinking alcohol 100%] so I couldn't find a reason to pick on Gearnhardt. Now it looks as tho some other "controversial guy" has used some form of my name,

No Jive has stepped up to complete manhood and is telling it like he should

And DAMN if Craig isn't still p***ing on the TDN therefore I hearby dub him TCQ! :o

I will tell you all that last weekend, here in So Cal, I had the pleasure of watching Pat Smage pilot his funny looking motorcycle over some stuff that was absolutely INSANE! I'm talking about high level world round stuff that riders spend 20 minutes "walking the section' before attempting but this kid simply looked at the line and went. I couldn't even begin to describe it to the point that you would get it. Interestingly enough, as I watched him I recalled seeing Tommi doing stuff like this. Coincidentally I come back here tonight to review some old posts and......

BTW Craig, seeing as you never paid up the $1,000 you owe me for getting shamed by an old guy in a Hawaiian shirt at EX what do you say to double or nothing? I'll even take it a step further, Triple the bet if you get lapped by a chick!

"I will tell you all that last weekend, here in So Cal, I had the pleasure of watching Pat Smage pilot his funny looking motorcycle over some stuff that was absolutely INSANE! I'm talking about high level world round stuff that riders spend 20 minutes "walking the section' before attempting but this kid simply looked at the line and went. I couldn't even begin to describe it to the point that you would get it. Interestingly enough, as I watched him I recalled seeing Tommi doing stuff like this. Coincidentally I come back here tonight to review some old posts and...... "

I've seen both of the Smage Kids do the same thing , What I get a kick out of is the smirk on their face when they do it ! They are having fun !!!

So let's see:

Last time I stopped by:

QUOTE (City Trials @ Apr 13 2009, 09:37 PM)

Dang, on the spot question. The era's are so different. The sections and bikes are designed so different.

But, I give you this food for thought. Rider? Or World Championship competitor? Patrick may be able to do a few things Tommi can't. But, Tommi can do things Pat can't.

On a World Championship scale, until Pat can win a World Championship, Pat isn't a better competitor than Tommi. Tommi's a World Champion and you can't take that away from him. It's documented for history.

I will tell you all that last weekend, here in So Cal, I had the pleasure of watching Pat Smage pilot his funny looking motorcycle over some stuff that was absolutely INSANE! I'm talking about high level world round stuff that riders spend 20 minutes "walking the section' before attempting but this kid simply looked at the line and went. I couldn't even begin to describe it to the point that you would get it. Interestingly enough, as I watched him I recalled seeing Tommi doing stuff like this. Coincidentally I come back here tonight to review some old posts and......

In case you didn't know Pat has tried twice to cut it on the World stage and both times he's not managed it.

Tommi was a champion way back when, you simply can't compare.

"I will tell you all that last weekend, here in So Cal, I had the pleasure of watching Pat Smage pilot his funny looking motorcycle over some stuff that was absolutely INSANE! I'm talking about high level world round stuff that riders spend 20 minutes "walking the section' before attempting but this kid simply looked at the line and went. I couldn't even begin to describe it to the point that you would get it. Interestingly enough, as I watched him I recalled seeing Tommi doing stuff like this. Coincidentally I come back here tonight to review some old posts and...... "

I've seen both of the Smage Kids do the same thing , What I get a kick out of is the smirk on their face when they do it ! They are having fun !!!

Did you catch the recent clip post of Pat, Glenn? Yea he is having fun doing that Caby and Bou stuff! Looking good! AND getting in some really good practice this time this year.

We need to spend the rest of Craig's retirement money to get Pat over there for the season, only need about 30-40 grand! I figure. Dabster would charge him the rents!

Good to see you getting out, Johnny Ringo. Hope that neck heals up, or you may have to stick to trials! :o

After watching Pat at the same Trial Ringo was at, I have agree. He has a very dynamic riding style that makes you aware you are watching a real talent. Whether or not he ever gets to Europe again really doesn't matter as he has already made his mark on the sport. As for Dupont who was also in attendance, I have never seen someone " hammer" a bike as well as he can! I hope what he is doing has nothing to do with the future of Trials.

I have never seen someone " hammer" a bike as well as he can! I hope what he is doing has nothing to do with the future of Trials.

Hmmm, I seem to have heard this statement once or twice. Does this mean I am being compared to Julien Dupont? :o

Hmmm, I seem to have heard this statement once or twice. Does this mean I am being compared to Julien Dupont? :o

Sorry J.R., your slightly confused. "Hammered" is a phrase usually referring to you and your evening escapades (which you don't do any longer). Does this mean your no longer a member of TFM?