Flywheel

44wilky44

Air rachet is the preffered way but if you have not got access to comp air I've always found that a socket and a T bar will do, a few short sharp hits to the end of the T bar normally does the trick (don't hit the flywheel though!!)

was thinking of useing rachet tye downs rapped round the flywheel and foot peg for support

can you use the rachet gun without a holding tool

A ratchet strap wound 2/3 times roumd the flywheel (so it over laps) and the free end clamped to the foot peg with a vice grip will do the job, even with a ratchet and socket.

As you turn the socket the strap will tighten more than enough to stop the flywheel turning.

(You just have to wind the strap on the right way)

I'm not familiar with the Montesa but this is what I made for a Beta. Couple pieces of bar stock, some screws and washers and handled 100ft/lbs no problem. Cost about $6. No slippage and plenty of leverage. Just be careful the bolts don't go through the flywheel into the coils. Aluminum washers help keep the spacing correct.

flywheel_tool.jpg

the montesas flywheel has no places to put nuts and bolts (looks like a good tool like)

just removed the nut with the rachet strap and my woodruff key is still in when i grab hold of my flywheel and give it a good rock i can fell a slight movement dose this

mean my bottom end bearings have gone

thank lee