Gas Gas Grip Problems

cjs28

Well ive just fit the slow action throttle today and its way different, to be fair ive only had a quick play outside the house on the street but it already feels pretty much like I remember my friends raga did, although with less power obviously. It just feels completely different like your more in control of what the power is doing. Will have to see properly what its like tomorrow cos I think we are going to Cowm quarry or Witworth quarry or whatever it is everyone calls the place. I've left the Khein carb on for now as it did feel massively different with just the throttle changed so I think its best to have a day on it like it is first then maybe a day with the standard carb on. Anyone have any tips on setting suspension up? I have read about setting the static sag of the rear to approx 1/3 of its travel with rider weight so have adjusted that as best I can as it was a little stiff. I dont know anything about setting supsension up at all really so could do with some pointers for the front.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys

Quick update on the Gas Gas 300 raga I bought the slow action throttle and new tyre (IRC)which made a big difference and was getting on ok untill I rode a 2010 Beta which was just so easier to ride at my level of competance,So the Gasser has gone and a Beta 2010 290 has replaced it and it is so much more linear with the power which makes it much easier.Anyway as quite of you suggested it was better to change the bike than spend even more on the gasser which was great fun to play on but to much in a trial situation.Cheers Chris