Gas Gas Racing 300 (and 125)

telecat

I have heard from a very very reliable source that there will be no stock whatsoever of the new racing bikes and they are special order only. I have also been told that the Raga will be fancy as normal but not a new design

I personally cant see that being the case (It may well be the case but it's a real cr@ppy idea) thats not good then for the consumer.......

"Sorry Mr customer you'll have to wait for your 'racing' if you want one"?? You can then almost hear the "oh sorry they aren't making anymore" call 5 weeks after you place your order.

I cant see the point of releasing something then not making it available, especially a couple of months before you yearly special edition - Raga Rep - is launched.

The Raga rep is always built then sold so will be in stock when you want it.

I know for a fact that GGUK are having no stock of these bikes and they are pre-order only. Bear in mind that it only takes a few days to get a bike shipped over from Spain. Try ordering one and you will find out its correct info. I am a bit baffled why they have even brought it out and then the Raga will be available in May. They obviously want to ruin the second hand market. I was told that Shirty wasn't even going to bring any racing models in a few months ago but obviously somebody at GG has said he has got to.

I know for a fact that GGUK are having no stock of these bikes and they are pre-order only. Bear in mind that it only takes a few days to get a bike shipped over from Spain. Try ordering one and you will find out its correct info. I am a bit baffled why they have even brought it out and then the Raga will be available in May. They obviously want to ruin the second hand market. I was told that Shirty wasn't even going to bring any racing models in a few months ago but obviously somebody at GG has said he has got to.

How about this then...

Decided to order one Monday, some stock has arrived in Buxton today (Tuesday), may get pdi Wednesday, could even be riding it Sunday!!!

Don't know anything about the Ragas though.

Don't worry, soon all will be made in China and we can get them at WalMart or your local equivalent. Any brand.

Really all this angst. Two of my mates just received new GG racing models. One won't take it out of the house yet because it's winter but the other took it out last weekend and a mate with an 08 Raga who got to ride the new bike placed an order that night. Another with a Sherco said he would if he could afford it.

I'm not a GasGas rider as anybody from the Beta forum can attest, just can't seem to get along with them, but I've seen the newer bikes take some awful beatings and survive quite well.

I wouldn't accuse GasGas of being stupid. The best way to seize market share is to attack while the market is weak. This bike is clearly an aggressive stab at market share from the mid-level buyer. I would expect after the Raga comes out for the top end any leftover parts will end up in another economy model. Not every sale needs to be at the start of the season.

GasGas is showing a keen understanding of market dynamics.