Diddy Work Bench

squid

Hello

I found one of those stools you used to find at community centre's and schools, metal tube legs and a wooden top. I thought chop the legs down a wee bit and it would make a good diddy bench as they seem robust.

But before I get at it I thought I'd ask you guys if you'd have a universal height guide,standard measure.

Cheers

Squid.

Thanks Chewy.

I'll get at it.

Finally got out for a play in the mud on Sunday. Felt good. I've now got to sort me front wheel as Iam getting all manner of tunes out of me spokes when I tap them.

Cheers

Squid.

Spokes loose...you should be able to play...wheels keep on turning..if not then they are out of tune and will require attention.

Hello Andy T.

Me front wheels got a slight kink. I've got to get a spoke key. O well, I guess I'll be posting mails about this next. Just hope me rim is ok, but I'll

jibber about that once I start tinkering.

Good thing though is Iam getting into all this fiddling.

Cheers

Squid.

Hello Andy T.

Me front wheels got a slight kink. I've got to get a spoke key. O well, I guess I'll be posting mails about this next. Just hope me rim is ok, but I'll

jibber about that once I start tinkering.

Good thing though is Iam getting into all this fiddling.

Cheers

Squid.

Kinky wheels..what ever turns you on...the biggest problem with trying to straighten them out is rusted up nipples, I had this problem with mine before I re-laced them, you can get them to free up by removing the tyre and then soaking the wheel a bit at a time in a tray of penetrating fluid..if you have that problem...good luck

Hello AndyT

I hope this doesn't go as curvy as it probably will. I've ordered me spoke key so I'll have a few days before I can get too it.

Thanks for the tips.

And thanks B40RT that articles very interesting but it hurts me head a bit.I'll try reading it a few times tonight.

Cheers.

Squid.