A Huge Favour

blocky

I've just bought myself a 240pro but the bash plate is missing. Could someone please do me a huge favour and make a card template of theirs so that I can try and fabricate one myself. If you PM me your address i'll send you a SAE.

Can anyone suggest a suitable material to make the bash plate from ?

Many thanks

Edited by Andy

What tools do you have at your disposal?

I made some skid plates a few years ago at work during my lunch breaks from 6mm sheet alluminium, getting the material is the easy part. You'll be suprised how hard it is to form into shape.

I cut the sheet using a power guillotine and formed it to shape with rollers. I cut some lightening holes and an access hole for the sump plug using a 50mm punch on a brake press.

They were fairly good (I made about 30) but could have done with being 8mm to withstand harder impacts. Sadly I no longer have access to the machines.

Pete

If you can send me a drawing preferably cad, I can see what I can do.

I regularly use a company that does laser cutting, and they could cut slots, or whatever you want....I was going to get one done with scorpa cut into the front, would probably look great.

Not sure if there is a minimum charge at the laser cutters, will find out if need be, might end up a lot more expensive than necessary.

When ordering multiples, it's often cheaper to buy the parts, with the holes and what not in it from the laser cutters, already cut to shape, than it is to buy the sheet of ali in the first place.....?

All thats needed is to fold/roll.

My 240 was missing the skidder too,I took a alloy one intended for a 640LC4e KTM that had cracked it's mounts and cut it down to fit the Fantic.The curve fit the frame well,it is slightly thinner than I'd like but it is light at least.I wasn't going to weld it up and put it back on my 640 since it reflects engine noise on a big 4stroke and I prefer the plastic one as the big dualsport ain't crossing any logs or rocks. If you can find one from a KTM you can have it cut down in about an hour.

Blocky,

am working on my 240 this weekend. Am happy to have a go and post it to you etc. Let me know if you still need it?

Have a look at my post (240 stood up......). Need a few bits of info, dont know if you can reciprocate?

Rob