Fuel Starvation Sherpa 1973

nickboy

Hi I am new to the forum but have been reading the posts while searching for a sherpa to get myself acquainted with the bikes

I have acquired a 1973 sherpa 350, It ticks over and starts fine andI can cruise around the garden on ticover or a little throttle but when I try to give it a 'blast' it just dies

I have had the fuel tap out, all ok and the carb apart all looks ok, the pilot jet needing cleaning but I put it back tiogether and the problem is the same. If i tickle the carb with the plunger and then gas it it goes fine so it looks like fuel starvation but i dont knoe where to go next

One thing when I unblocked the pilot jet i tried to blow into the hole it came out of but coulnt hear anything, not sure if i should be able. Main jet is clear

Thanks

Nick

Yes it sounds like you have answered your own question. It sounds like the pilot circuit is not clear. Pull the carby off the bike and clear out from the air inlet to the air screw hole, from the air screw hole to the pilot jet hole and through the little hole/s where the pilot mixture enters the venturi. They all need to be clear and are easily blocked.