Tlr 250 Cutting Out When Running Fast Between Sections

bobtlr

Hey,

my tlr cuts out when running fast between sections if the distance is more than 2 km. it cuts out and stalls and after 5 sec it starts again and runs fine

no problem when riding sections or when driving slowly.

could it be that my sparkplug gets to hot? should i use a diferent plug for long trials?

best regards bob

Gday, I assume you are using wide open throttle for a longer period here, so it is probably a fuel supply issue. Check for some restriction in the fuel supply - part blocked filter on the tap, kink in the hose etc, part blocked breather or possibly incorrectly set float drop. This is the adjustment tang on the float that allow the float to open fully, not the one that sets the float height and touches on the needle. A quick test is to run the carb pipe into a bottle etc and open the tap. You should see a strong continuous flow for as long as there is fuel in the tank. If not - look for the problem.

Cheers,

Stork

hey,

fuel seems fine, the bike revs out well and sounds sweet, when riding a mile or 2 fast the engine stops like you would push the kill switch

after some seconds it runs perfect again.

i checked the fuellevel in the carb, fuel lines and the carb all seems fine

what sparkplugs are u using?

best regards bob

Hey,

my tlr cuts out when running fast between sections if the distance is more than 2 km. it cuts out and stalls and after 5 sec it starts again and runs fine

no problem when riding sections or when driving slowly.

could it be that my sparkplug gets to hot? should i use a diferent plug for long trials?

best regards bob

Bob

as others have suggested ,sounds like lack of fuel, are you running a standard tank,or one of the fibreglass one piece units?

Hi Bob

Just a thought did you check the tank breather in the cap, make sure you are not getting a vacuum in the tank as the fuel is used quickly.

It does sound like a fuel problem.

TLTEL

hey,

i use a stock steel tank and the hose is not blocked

the bike works great but only 1 trial a year i have those problems, i clean the cooling fins after each section becorse i know the 250 doesn't like it when the engine gets to hot

regards bob