Cabestany 07 290

samo

Helo!

My friend has this bike two years already and never cleaned the carburator...he is not a mechanical type. But motor runs well till now. He is trying, instead of cleaning poor thing, to turn the air screw and now he don't know the right settings.

Can somebody tell the right setting for air screw? Is it 1,5 turns out as Beta has?

I go tomorow to him and clean it. Is it also so simple to remove the carburator as by Beta?

Helo!

My friend has this bike two years already and never cleaned the carburator...he is not a mechanical type. But motor runs well till now. He is trying, instead of cleaning poor thing, to turn the air screw and now he don't know the right settings.

Can somebody tell the right setting for air screw? Is it 1,5 turns out as Beta has?

I go tomorow to him and clean it. Is it also so simple to remove the carburator as by Beta?

Easier than a Beta, mudguard 3 screws, tank, airbox 2 screws and clamp, carb top and slide 2 screws, front manifold clamp, twist and pull rearward. I leave the boot from carb to airbox attached to carb and just loosten the clamp to airbox.

Refitment is a bit trickey sometimes, push carb fully into front manifold till fully in, re mount airbox and twist carb body hard to left and reinstall slide. Only after test fitting the tank can you tighten clamps, they are a tight fit!

If jetting is correct on the carb, the airscrew setting should normally come in at 1/2-- 1+ 1/2 turns on the airscrew and it varies on the day, so 1 full turn out to start. Anyones guess after that, yet that is the optimum design range for adjustability on a Kiehin it seems.

An inline filter is highly recommended on these carbs! :thumbup:

Edited by copemech

If my memory serves me it's 5/8 to 3/4 turns out at sea level at standard jetting, give or take an 1/8 turn on any given day. as copy says, must have a fuel filter, the pilots plug easily.

cheers