Ty250 '83?

stuessenhigh

Hi all..

a post on behalf of a friend.

Just wondered if anyone knows bearing sizes, to help us go and buy them, BEFORE pulling them all out.

We will replace front and rear wheel...and head bearings.

It is a mono TY250....I THINK 1983 model.

ALSO..does anyone know how much of the following fluids

Gear oil

Fork Fluid.....

and FINALLY ...what spark plug would you all reccomend?

Cheers in advance for any help :):)

From old notes:

Twin shock Yam manuals listed the inidustry std sizes next to Yam part number.

80's, the mono manuals did not. I wonder why. . . .

No info on head bearings. When it's apart, I drill and tap the front of the steering head, near top and bottom, for 1/4-28 grease fittings. Then keep it well greased and keep the water out. Done with lots of twiin shock, haven't done with mono.

k

FRONT WHEEL BEARINGS

-6202 RS Rubber seal on outside. Can't tell on inside. No shields. L & R are the same.

REAR WHEEL BEARINGS

-Left (Drive side) Seal: type 'PD K1' (???) 26 mm shaft, 42 mm OD, 8 mm wide. 3 lips, all in the dust excluder direction.

-Left side bearing: 42 mm OD, 13.4 mm wide, 14.9 mm (.587 inches) shaft. Strange dimensions, have not found an interchange. Measure again.

-Right side (brake side) seal: 35 mm OD, 22 mm shaft, 4.5 to 5 mm wide. metal can.

-Right side bearing: 35 mm OD, 11 mm wide, 14.85 mm ID.

-Hard to remove inner spacer between bearings. Need to drill cross holes when removed, so can punch out with drift the next time.

CRANK MAIN BEARINGS Yam 93306-20627-00 (2) Koyo 83A 093-9 (2) open bearings. Did not get std number or measure.

KICK STARTER SEAL 20mm shaft-30 mm OD-5mm wide. Double lip seal. One to outside excluding dust, one to inside retaining oil.