Beta Evo Not Crisp

darrensn

Hi, How long have you had the bike, and has it always run like this? If it has suddenly worsened - have you changed anything? If so - what was it?

If not then I would try the following (apologies if you have already tried some or all of these..) Clean the air filter and re-oil. Try again. If the same, strip and clean the carb. Use carb cleaner, remove the jets and give a good blow out with an air line. Take note of the jet numbers whilst you are in there.

Reassemble and try again - also note the needle position whilst you have it all apart. If things are no better check your jet sizes - I dont have mine to hand but they are on here in various posts - or better still ring Lampkins for advice. They will send you out their recommended sizes and are very helpful.

Hi, i got the evo second hand, it had only had around 5 hrs use from new. I renewed the spak plug and cleaned the air filter when i got it.

I have used it 3 times since I got it and on Sunday it was worse than the time before. It gets more choked each time its used.

I think the carb needs a clean but was unsure if was a hard job to strip.

I stripped my rev 3 carb no problem, but this carb is unkown territory for me ?

I'm running shell optimax and castrol tts oil at 66:1 ?

One thing I do hear when opening the throttle is the induction noise in the air box, is this a evo characteristic ?

Cheers for replies ....

I believe the 2009 evos were jetted wrongly as supplied is yours standard?

Are you sure, lampkin supplied " the proper" jets in 2008 when they first changed to the kehin carb, I made no changes to my '09 , it is possible that someone may have changed them though?