Clutch Dragging After Bleeding

skippy1234

hiya all again,i took my techno to the local bike shop and got them to bleed it cos i just couldnt do it.now its back its dragging real bad when the lever is right in its pulling if you let the lever out a couple of mm it is lethal biting instant right at the bars a month ago i did the clutch fix and it was perfect started in gear it was great

ive just rebuilt engine main bearings etc so i disconected clutch hose to get engine out plates and all dismantled how come now it wont work?

the plates couldnt have gone i dont think as they were ok before i put the steel rod back in and the ball bearing also the washer between the inner and outer basket

any ideas what ive done wrong thanks

OK start with basics. With the engine off lay the bike over and pull the side cover off and actuate the clutch. That will show you if the pressure plate is moving from the start of the lever travel. If it is then it's not hydraulic.

Don't panic. Bad decisions are made in panic. Trust me on this. Usually the more screwed up something seems the simpler the answer.

Roger that! OK I'd say pull the clutch pack out again and look for contamination, debris between plates, plates assembled out of sequence (been there, done that) peeled up pads basically anything out of the ordinary. If the plate's moving 1 cm it's not the hydraulics and it should disengage properly. Spin the basket and center piece to make sure there's no eccentricity. Make sure all the nuts are still snug.

Even if you find nothing's out of the ordinary there is no substitute for peace of mind.

DAN Victory i took it apart again put another bb ie an extra 1in but that never worked it pushed too much and touched the casing striped it down again and and you know you have the push rod thingy i pulled that out again and for some reason there were two washers instead of 1 ie 1 ontop of the bearing race and 1 behind i took the 1 out from behind after looking at the exploded view diagram took back to the garage bled it back up and it is like new

many thanks dan

regards mick

ill just have to remember to take it off ebay now as id had enough yesterday and put it on

Edited by skippy1234