Bent Beta Techno Forks

welshoneder

Well, I've managed to bend my forks, bit of a hard hit into a wall I was trying to get up, didn't get the front wheel high enough. Anyway thought it was the bars, just changed them and it's still out, but cant put my finger on exactly whats bent, wheel is out to the left by about 5-10deg. It's a techno 1995 last of the upside forks I believe, will other years models fit my bike? As parts a quite hard to come by

Thanks

loosen the fork pinch bolts and wheel axle clamps, hold the front wheel and move the handlebars side to side, try and align the front wheel with the fork tripple clamp the retighten, most likely it is just tweaked and needs to be loosened then retightened...good luck

Ha ha, i had exactly the same problem on my txt270, i hit a tree stump with the one fork leg and thought i had bent it. After some advice on here, i slackened all the bolts except on the top triple clamp, bounced the suspension a few times and tighten the lower triple clamp, bounced the suspension a few more times and the tighten the wheel, then bounced the wheel a few more times and put mudguard back on. By bouncing the wheel it re cenntralises the forks or something like that. All i know is that it works!! by hitting the fork legs they twuist in the clamps.

Been getting a bit of practise in have you welshonder????

I wasnt out on the weekend, didnt have my forks back in time, go them back now thou, be fitting them to the bike later. Give me a shout when your back in wales.

TITS (tuesday inclusive trials series) is at Ty Rhiw Farm, see http://www.caerphillymcc.co.uk for details, its a 18:30 start with 7 to 8 sections 3 to 4 laps weather dependent, its a 3 round series with the next rounds taknig place on the 8th June and 6th July all at the same venue, see also http://www.welshtrials.com/ for details of upcoming events.

I'll be there from around 17:30 as plenty of organising to do with observors etc, in case your interested we meet at Bedwas Rugby Club every Tuesdary check out the Caerphilly web site for details of what club memebrs get up to.

Crash, i popped down to watch that trial lastnight (Taffswell) and my friend took part. Very impressed with the amount of people that entered.

Some of the sections were like the M4 at rush hour, ha ha. I've been to watch a few club trials and i think for beginners level the sections were the hardest i've seen, but my friend love it and said it was a good challenge.