Wiring To Regulator

nevilletanner

97 TECHNO.

i need some help with this as im not sure if this is correct :-

FAULT - bike runs fine, as soon as the fan comes on the engine starts back fireing and loss of power. (also fan only comes on when engine is reving , not when idling).

i have traced the wiring upto the regulator ( on mine its actually a rectifier with a 1000uf capacitor wired up as follows

+ve - green/blue wire ----|

AC - yellow |

AC green 1000uf cap

-ve - black wire ----|

the green/blue goes to the fan

the black goes to the fan

the yellow goes to the stator

this is where it makes no sense to me at the GREEN goes to the thermostat the other side of the thermostat goes to Earth (frame). As this comes from the AC connection shouldnt it be earthed or shouldnt there be another yellow ?

if anyone has a wiring diagram i would really really appreciate it as this is causing me lots of grief and frustration

many thanks

Not the response you looking for but there was a post on here tother day ( have you had a look through the bike specific forums?) regarding misfires/kickbacks etc. all down to bad earth.. so are your misfire and slow fan related to bad earth or even an earth missing. Electrical stuff always a mystery to me wish I could be more helpfull.

hi,

yes i know the post your on about .. it was me that done it.

i managed to sort out one problem and now another has come to life, i hate the electrics on the beta.

i managed to find a diagram and it was wired up wrong, i have now corrected it but the same fault is still there.

not sure if its the regulator or the stator, all i know is that there is not enough current to run the fan and the engine at the same time

so im more inclind to think its the stator but im not really 100% sure, i really dont want to pay out for a new one.

ANYONE KNOW THE VOLTAGE OUTPUT FROM THE YELLOW WIRE ?

IS THERE A WAY TO TEST A REGULATOR ?

regards

Neville

Edited by nevilletanner

Gday, by the sounds of things someone has had a stator failure before and is driving the ignition system with the fan/lights coil. The 2 should be seperate and not affect each other in any way. I reckon you are up for a stator, either new or rewind. With a voltmeter (AC) check the output from the other stator output wires. I havent got a wiring diagram I can read for the Techno, but there wil be a low output from one coil (the trigger), around 1 volt at kick, and the other coil should be the source coil with around 50 plus volts. This is seperate to the yellow (I think) output which is the one that goes to the rectifier for the fan etc.

Hope that makes sense,

Cheers,

Stork