Fantic 200 Which Carb ?

stormy normy

We have just bought a 200 Fantic, seems really fluffy of the bottom end. Cleaned the carb and upped the needle but it didnt really make any difference. Probably all worn so am quite happy to replace but what is the best carb and jetting to go for ?

Also does anyone know haw to age the bike from the frame / engine number and is there anyone in the UK that will write a letter to the DVLA to help get an age related plate ?

Thanks

the best carb is the one that is on. go onto the dellorto web site and check out what bits you need. I changed the needle(d33), the slide(50) most common cause of poor running, the pilot jet(45) and replaced all the gaskets. then set the pilot screw to 2 and 3/4 turns out, this coupled with a new air filter(dry) helped mine to run spot on. this is cheaper than a complete new carb. all of this advice was given by Bill pye 01642 722378 and he has all the parts in stock. best of luck, mine is a cracking little bike, but i just dont have the time to ride it now.

to eliminate wear and availability issues buy a new carb, to eliminate jetting trial and error buy from somebody who sets them up for you.. oko from chris at classictrials i fitted one to my fantic and it ran right from the off job done..

to eliminate wear and availability issues buy a new carb, to eliminate jetting trial and error buy from somebody who sets them up for you.. oko from chris at classictrials i fitted one to my fantic and it ran right from the off job done..

:D The best route for the least heartache !!! ^_^

I tried my 125 converted to a 156 yesterday for the first time and that bogged, I think I have read on here this can be caused by a dodgy HT coil. Is your still fitted with the metal cylindrical unit? Mine is so I am changing it.