Wtc Commentary Team

betabiker

What did people think of the commentary team at Fort William??

We had plenty of laughs at their expense, though I am not convinced they knew a lot about trials or the riders.

Instead of cleans we had "clears", dabs become "taps", there were even some "prods" in there!

Dabill became Dabeel, Michael Brown better known as Mike and Harry Harvey became Harvey Harry.

:mellow:

What did people think of the commentary team at Fort William??

We had plenty of laughs at their expense, though I am not convinced they knew a lot about trials or the riders.

Instead of cleans we had "clears", dabs become "taps", there were even some "prods" in there!

Dabill became Dabeel, Michael Brown better known as Mike and Harry Harvey became Harvey Harry.

:mellow:

They're both MTB experts and (I think) do the commentary for the MTB World Cup - I don't know much about Dan, but Martin's certainly not new to trials, he's ridden the SSDT twice!

For what it's worth, I think they were absolutely brilliant - they struck a great balance between catering for hardened trials riders and the general public that may not know much about the sport at all. Excellent job boys! :P

I thought they were pretty good to be honest. Certainly no lack of enthusiasm and they did manage to get the crowd worked up* which is what it's all about. :mellow:

*at least in the afternoons. It was a bit of an uphill task in the mornings.

We sat in the grandstand a few times over the weekend,

Especially on the last day when It was bucketing down with rain I thought that the commentators done a fantastic job at keeping the crowd entertained there was always something happening! Great job