Kick Start From H#@%

scooterspal

Yikes. Should the kick start on the TLR200 be that hard to use? I have other dirt bikes... all less than 200cc I'll admit but none do I have to kill myself on.

In theory, if I remove the plug, should the kick start work easy?

When I got this bike a couple of weeks ago in the box with some other stuff was a broken kick start lever. Snapped in half at the shaft end. I'm hoping I don't have the same problem, but darn, this thing is very hard to start.

Any suggestions?

Edited by scooterspal

Is the decompressor working?

It appears to be. The lever on the head pulls in with the kick start lever every time so I assume it it working.

There was an old posting where someone spoke of moving the kick start to a certain point (compression I think) and then it would ease over to start. Can someone explain this further and how to feel for it.

do these have a cable adjustment on the decompressor? as far as the kick point push it through untill you feel compression then push it slightly past that point then let the kick lever come back to the top before giving a good kick.

kick starts break, that happens i broke 2 in 3 years and my decompressor works perfect they are just not strong enough

a 200 shouldn't be so hard to start is the decompressor works and all is ok inside the engine

best regards bob

kick starts break, that happens i broke 2 in 3 years and my decompressor works perfect they are just not strong enough

There's one on Ebay now for $120 and it's third party.

It appears they seem to break not on the lever but on the spline part. Surprised someone has not offered a machined version that lasts. Does anyone see a market here?

Hint, Hint.

Hi

My TLR 200 is very easy to kick over in fact its more of a push than a kick, sounds like something is wrong with the decompresor.

Just a hint , If you do kick it too hard you can bend the flimsy kick start stop thats bolted to the frame by the kick start,I have had to straighten mine a few times,

TLTEL

Nothing wrong with the kickstart on the TLR's if you're doing it right, don't need a huge great jump on the lever, just a steady, smooth push right from the top of the lever stroke (to enable the valve lifter to open)

Mines lasted 25 years so far on the 250.