Just Starting To Restore A Fantic 200..................

ivorspider1290

Hello,

I'm just starting to restore a Fantic 200, year about 1982ish. The wife brought it me in 6 boxes and a frame with 2 nearly round wheels. Happy days. I think she was getting fed up with me being in the house and not hiding down the workshop. It's not the first bike I've restored but it is the first trials bike. At the age off 40 she thinks I'm too old for motocross bikes, I don't seem to bounce to well nowadays!

Just hoping for some answers to a couple of questions................

What size are the bolts that hold the rear sprocket onto the hub?

And could somebody please explain why people feel the urge to weld things like kick starts and footpegs on?

Any help or tips would be gratefully recieved.................

Hi Ivor.

we meet here as well as evilbay!

rear sprocket bolts are m7 x 1. get them on eveil bay. If you cant find them searching for fantic and i will let you have (.......give to you...... ANDY, ......FOC!) some used ones from me.

If you are cutting off the old pegs them buy decent onces, not the crap on ebay with the brackets for 25 quid. Try moving back and lower about 15mm in each direction.

Edited by Lee Harris

Hi Ivor.

rear sprocket bolts are m7 x 1. get them on eveil bay.

Hi Lee

Sorry to hyjack, I take that this is for a Grimeca hub ? as I was about to try and source these same bolts for my SWM.

Thanks

Ross