What A Nerve

ishy

Heading to the youth nationals in New Mexico, mile post seventy five from the NM border in Colorado, tykes had just about lost it with dad driving the past 1200 miles or so with only stops to get gas, I decided to pull in to a KOA camp grounds, full hook Op's even wy fi az thi can see, any road old bird on the counter give me the senior discount, I know I'm sporting a fair bit of grey but the old batt must er bin 85, my Yorkshire upbringing wun't allow me to complain, not when 10 bucks wer at stake.

Bloody reet good deal though, pool and crazy golf fer the kid's, power and water even left the AC on full chat wi door wide open just to make sure I get mi $ worth, nobutt about 20 quid.

Got to come back this way after the three days down NM two days at the Colorado nationals and then ower to Donner pass for the last two rounds, I'm just a cook, driver, and minder on this trip, getting too old to try and ride plus watch the kids.

Might have more on the way back.

Glad to hear your coming down. The kid and myself just made it to Las Vegas NM., staying at the holiday inn. My bald head didn't get me any senior discounts.

And he's more excited about his new S3 blue levers than anything else right now!

Heading to the youth nationals in New Mexico, mile post seventy five from the NM border in Colorado, tykes had just about lost it with dad driving the past 1200 miles or so with only stops to get gas, I decided to pull in to a KOA camp grounds, full hook Op's even wy fi az thi can see, any road old bird on the counter give me the senior discount, I know I'm sporting a fair bit of grey but the old batt must er bin 85, my Yorkshire upbringing wun't allow me to complain, not when 10 bucks wer at stake.

Bloody reet good deal though, pool and crazy golf fer the kid's, power and water even left the AC on full chat wi door wide open just to make sure I get mi $ worth, nobutt about 20 quid.

Got to come back this way after the three days down NM two days at the Colorado nationals and then ower to Donner pass for the last two rounds, I'm just a cook, driver, and minder on this trip, getting too old to try and ride plus watch the kids.

and we moan about driving 430 miles to fort william, thats what i call dedication!!

Edited by crasher

He probably felt sorry for you thinking this old fart is stuck vacationing with the grand kids.

any road old bird on the counter give me the senior discount, I know I'm sporting a fair bit of grey but the old batt must er bin 85,

T'awd lass fancied a ride round Ishy mountain, musta bin reet grand as't daft bugger's off back fer more.

Come full circle to the campground I posted the topic, covered 1,808 mile to this point, debateing with the kids on stying here another day before going to the Colorado rounds or go to another campground and catch a white water river raft trip, one lad is up for it T'other isn't.

Very good youth national event, Trevor was runner up all three days, to young Ty Cullins, he was trying to get the better of Ty at least once over the event but Ty simply rode better.

Big thankyou to Bill Markem and all the nice folks who made it a great event for myself and the kids.

Will update when I can.

• 1 month later...