Steep Headangle?

stushine

hey,

is your mate's gasgas easier to put it on the front wheel?

i think his rear shock will be working better than yours or it has been set up correct and yours is not?

i rode sherco a while and now on a gasgas and i to find the gasgas' rear end feels lighter.

i don't think it has much to do with head angle but maybe your rear shock could do whit a rebuild?

how old is your bike?

best regards bob

the headangle on my sherco seems really steap, are the generally pretty steap on shercos?

my mate has a gasgas and thats FAR easier to get on the front wheel than my sherco, feels shorter...

Yup,if you have a chrome framed model they are harder to pitch forward than the equivalent GasGas Pro .

I had a shot on a Cabestany (2008? black frame) and that was easier to stand on the front wheel...more like a Pro.IMHO :banana2:

Everything in trials is a tradeoff, in a way. Some Gassers are light in the rear, but that in itself does not buy you traction!

If you desire, you may keep your rear spring preload wound a bit tighter, to where there is little to no static sag(weight of bike) as compared to 20mm or so, and drop the forks to the second groove in the shafts. Back off any front fork preload on the left tube. Backing off the damper screw on the shocker as well can make a quick nose hopper. Adjust one thing at a time till you find your balance, as any may sacrifice traction under certain conditions.

Without going into the realms of steering geometry, rake, trail, castor etc surely the steeper the head angle the easier it would be to stick it on it's nose? Ever try an endo/nose wheelie/stoppie on a custom bike? Not easy!

My son can stick his Sherco on its nose a million times better than I can with my Gasser (bl**dy show off), methinks technique has a lot to do with it?

Try out Copey's suggestions and let us know how you get on?

GJ :banana2: