Ty250 Swingarm Bolt

alan_nc

So I'm fixing/upgrading a few things on the 250. Brake arm bracket is missing on the current swingarm so decide to replace it with a spare from my parts bike. Nut came off fairly easy, bolt will turn with a wrench with no problem. Absolutely will not budge (sideways)(I have beat on it with a hammer). There is quite a bit of play in the swingarm so my guess is that there is a groove cut in the bolt.

Any suggestions on how to get the bolt out ... or the swingarm off?

Thanks in advance.

Alan

Alan there is a steel sleeve that rotates inside plastic bushes. The bolt you are trying to move siezes inside the steel sleeve. The recommended way to get the swingarm out is to cut through the bolt with a hacksaw (bike upside down, swingarm rotated out of the way and something to hold the frame away from the swingarm enough to get the blade in). The sleeve comes out easily once the swingarm is free of the frame.

That bolt freezing in place is a very common problem with TY250s and TY175s.

Feetup,

Wow, that has got the be the worst job I have ever done on a TY. The chain side bolt I could get at easier with the bike upright. Not sure that it was really worth all the work.

Thanks for your help.

Alan