Prices

metisse

Just looking around the various " for Sale " sites, is it now becoming the norm for the run of the mill TLR to be priced in and around the same as the more exotic RTL. Surely they are not as desirable or sought after, or are they..... or on the other hand is it just a case of supply and demand.

Just looking around the various " for Sale " sites, is it now becoming the norm for the run of the mill TLR to be priced in and around the same as the more exotic RTL. Surely they are not as desirable or sought after, or are they..... or on the other hand is it just a case of supply and demand.

TLR is simply a different bike to the RTL which was far superior in many ways.

However, the TLR is easier to ride and is more useful in that there are classes for twin-shocks (TLR) than air-cooled monoshocks (RTL) at many events nowadays.

Parts for RTL compared to TLR are scarce and expensive (unless your name is Big John who has more than enough genuine HRC RTL parts to keep his bikes going for a life-time).

Big John

I can tell you that finding a TLR 200 was not that easy for me here in the Northeast part of the US. The only one I did find in my area.. and that meant driving 5 hours... had all the street legal parts removed and sold off and even with that he wanted $1600. I was looking for one that I could still ride on the street.

In the end I found my TLR halfway across the country and had a fellow truck it in. The cost was $900 for the bike and $300 for the trucking.

I will easily be spending another $300 to $400 plus loads of my time to get the bike back in top shape.

Still less than the first bike and it will be street legal and in nearly mint condition!

Edited by scooterspal