Back To Spain

joanet

Hello

I am new here , my name is Joan , or John in English , though i have been watching you people posts from long time specially when i was living in China, now i decided to register myself as i am back in Spain, from there was impossible to get registered, you know and hear about the great " Fire" Wall.

So i had a need for trials so strong in there that i considered doing a trials bike from an street 125 cc 4 stroke quite common there,following the old trials phenomena and your posts in the classic trial forum, i learned a lot of stuff from your posts, but i consider it a little difficult for me, so i start considering the easier option of buying and old trials bike dismantle and send it there.

So i finally decided for this last one ,i bought a gas gas trials for very low money and i send by courier spare by spare, i know it sounds crazy but it took me 3 months to get all packages there, i send all by post except the engine that i split it in 2 and carried myself in 2 different bags.

I could not believe the day i received the frame box, i still do not understand how it went through but it did.

It took me just a week to put the thing together, start it and go trialing....i felt like if i could finally fly :D

Well that it work for around 3 years i mean almost each weekend i went trialing , but after all that time i finally gave up, i was the only one there trialing, people look at me as if was kind of strange, lots of people ask me why the bike didn' t have seat , they couldn' t understand it, after 3 years and many broken kick starts shafts i finally decided to quit the job, take my wife and kid back to Spain and go enjoy the view the food and friendship as well as trialing.

And so here i am , just that introduce myself, i hope i learn how to post pictures post many other things and keep on enjoying your posts as usual.

Thanks and rgds all

What a great story! You are truly one dedicated Trials Rider. Your wife should also be commended for putting up with you as I am sure mine would have left knowing I was going through all that to just to enjoy Trials. You didn't happen to see a Xispa Factory while you were there.........

Hi Kramit u right about my wife hehe ! even she is Chinese and they are more lets say ... sweet but they need money for spending anyways like all do so she is pushing me now for a new job asap.

Trials is wonderful sport and after long time without practicing , the first ride there it felt very good, it is curious to see that you have to make the zones u' r self, i mean i was more used to follow paths already made, but there i had to make my own.

About xispa i tried to find some information in there, but i found nothing , if any factory should be in Chongqin where most of motorcycle manufactures are placed at.

I post some pictures of the experience in picassa as i have no idea on how to upload pictures in here

Thanks and rgds all

Hi Kramit u right about my wife hehe ! even she is Chinese and they are more lets say ... sweet but they need money for spending anyways like all do so she is pushing me now for a new job asap.

Trials is wonderful sport and after long time without practicing , the first ride there it felt very good, it is curious to see that you have to make the zones u' r self, i mean i was more used to follow paths already made, but there i had to make my own.

About xispa i tried to find some information in there, but i found nothing , if any factory should be in Chongqin where most of motorcycle manufactures are placed at.

I post some pictures of the experience in picassa as i have no idea on how to upload pictures in here

Thanks and rgds all

Wow, great photos and great story. Your GasGas looks like a 1988 model, is it?

Jon

Thanks and rgds all

A good friend of mine went to China from Japan where he was living at the time. This was about 1990 and the people there were very confused about Trials, kind of like you said. He told me you could ride just about anywhere without problem. I think he was with several others and had a guide to help them get around.

HI all

Jon i think is an 88 as u say, the exhaust muffler is from another year maybe 90, is 327 cc i read in some post that piston is almost same as a bultaco sherpa or same.

Kramit it depends on where you locate for riding, in my case i had to go to a close mountain beside Dongguan city and is all for cultivating fruits so i find alot of fences, in other rural places is better, for example i found a mountain location called Nan Khun shan with hot springs all around and alot of river a beautiful place to ride, but again fences not as many but enough, like Spa complex where to go through, you have to talk and talk with the door safeguard until he let u go in or not i have a couple of pictures of that place if i found i will post for u people to see.

Thanks lots for u' rs welcome

Cheers !