U.s.a Tdn

no jive

Just in case you forgot the TDN is this weekend. Kip will be sending me updates but I will be out of town for the weekend. So if any of you get updates please add them. We did sell several T-shirts so thank you for everyone who sent checks. ALSO THANK YOU TO THE RIDERS, TEAM CAPTAIN, MINDERS AND HELPERS WHO PAY THEIR OWN WAY TO SUPPORT THE USA. Obama forgot to mention that in his last speech.

Girls rode today and struggled some hope to do better tomorrow but raining now and also for Sat supposed to clear for Sun. Got all the bikes and tarres team gasgas been very helpful his brother Francesc is a good guy who has taken an interest in us. You should have seen Cody talking spanish with him it was amazing and he was very impressed, invited Cody to stay with them and also to have his son Pol (new 124 world champ) to come to Calif to stay with us next year. He is a big kid almost as tall as Cody and they hit it off good. Other than that not much to report yet, hoping the girls settle down some and am sure they can improve from today.

We are staying about 10 minutes outside Myslenice and the Portugal team is here as well. Well got to get some sleep, Pat Cody and I are in same room, a little cramped but bearable.

Great Clive, Send Kip a quickie if you are out of pocket to send to me @verizon.net and I will try to keep up with updates posted here if needed!

Cheers,

MC

Copey your e-mail made no sense to me @verison.net. Sorry if I hurt your one feeling.

Hello all

Well the order of the day was mud, mud and more mud. The girls rode much better as they knew what to expect from the sections this time around, even though it was much harder they did better than yesterday. Finishing in 8th spot, I believe with another rider such as Lousie or even comparable to what skill level we have now we could have moved a couple spots higher easily as the next 2 teams were fairly close. Next year they have changed the venue from Scotland back to northern Italy near Austria, there is no question we need to keep developing our talent pool to help us move forward.

We did the mens section walk this afternoon and the International class sections (18 total) are not that severe but very technical with a couple fairly hard ones. The loop is a mess being the same as the girls it is pretty ridden in at this point and the mud deep and slippery in many spots. A fair amount of creek sections with allot of water. We had to clean the bikes all over again but are in good shape now. Francesc from Tarres team again helped us out a bunch.

A quick funny story, I had Pat & Cody get spare minder bike from Sherco before we went out as they had told us earlier what bike, so they just went and got it. I rode the bike around loop and came in and washed it down good. A bit later I see Pat taking the bike and asked him what was up. Apparently the Sherco manager cornered Pat and said where is Cabestany's bike, OH OH. They grabbed the wrong bike as it was Alberts back up loop bike, I told Pat to let them know I thought it ran pretty good. A Smagical Adventures DVD smoothed over the issue and yes we did get the original bike that Ryan rode when helping Pat. Hope it runs as good LOL.

Give you an update sometime tomorrow after we clean up because it is going to be ugly

Why did the US drop down to the lower class?

Was our performance that far off from the others last year?

Did we get bumped down or was it voluntary?

Remember last year the media was touting team usa results as the best ever in the top class 5th (last). This year's results can be spun as better than last year, 4th (actually 9th overall)

Why did the US drop down to the lower class?

Was our performance that far off from the others last year?

Did we get bumped down or was it voluntary?

If I had to guess, I would say the decision was rightly made by Kip to put the team in the intermediate class where we would both survive and also be good contenders for a podium spot! The contenders in the top class are mainly composed of top class WTC riders of which we have no equal.

I must admit that I was a bit sorry for them in that they did fall just short of a podium spot. Yet at the same time, there is Nothing in this that says EASY! These are the top teams in the world! Go get yourself some of that! In those conditions!

Oh well, good job to them! Keep it up!

:lol:

I was in no way trying to infer that our team was not talented enough to compete or that the class they are competing in is easy. Was merely curious as to why they changed classes. I was very pleased to see that our team was in the top class last year and I thought they did well, so was just curious why they changed.

As for the ladies they can ride quite well in their own right. I have no problem admitting that they all can ride better than I. :lol:

That would make it very tough to compete against the other teams that have 4 members.

How many ladies did we have this year? Wasn't there a couple years we only had 2 competing? That must have been a huge amount of pressure on them then.

That would make it very tough to compete against the other teams that have 4 members.

How many ladies did we have this year? Wasn't there a couple years we only had 2 competing? That must have been a huge amount of pressure on them then.

Two this year also. Caroline Allen and Sarah Duke.