Rear master cylinder.

cabby

Came across some rear brake problems at the weekend, seems the cylinder had seized in side, however, manages to clear it out and clean, however, after bleeding the brakes it seems there is still very little pressure going through the cylinder from the brake pedal.

The seals look a bit worn and the inside of the barrel looks a bit scored also....

New seals kits ? Or a whole new cylinder required ? or any other thoughts ?

Hi

Not sure what bike you have, but most brake parts for trials are made by AJP or Brembo. You might be lucky enough to find one that matches yours from another bike, I think most are mounted by the same two small bolts.

I fitted a new one to a 1994 gg Which was for a later model but had to alter push rod length to make it work properly.

You will more than likely have to buy new as they are prone to wear from dirt getting inside and scoring the bore so a used one is probably false economy. (new one was about

If I have to re new, is this part a pattern part ? What I mean is, would this type of rear master cylinder be the same as many other type for other bikes.

Dbf, give Lampkins a call and they'll sort you out with a new master cylinder. You would be as well putting new seals and pistons in the caliper at the same time. When rebleeding be patient it's a swine to get right and get good pressure