Fantic Section Rear Fender

wrx_boy

Hello all. I just picked up a 1997 Fantic Section and about the only thing it needs to make it useable is a new rear fender. I rode it around, through all the gears, and everything seems to function fine. The engine has good compression and it appears to be leak free. The tires are dried and cracked, and the bike is very dirty from lack of care, but it appears to be solid. Is there anything particular to this model I should keep an eye on?

I spent quite a while scouring the internet over the last 2 days, but have not found any fenders. Can anyone point me to a source for a new, or decent used, rear fender?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Matt

Hello all. I just picked up a 1997 Fantic Section and about the only thing it needs to make it useable is a new rear fender. I rode it around, through all the gears, and everything seems to function fine. The engine has good compression and it appears to be leak free. The tires are dried and cracked, and the bike is very dirty from lack of care, but it appears to be solid. Is there anything particular to this model I should keep an eye on?

I spent quite a while scouring the internet over the last 2 days, but have not found any fenders. Can anyone point me to a source for a new, or decent used, rear fender?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Matt

Tryalsshop is a good source for Fantic is USA,call Mike,http://www.tryalsshop.com/

You can also call Bob Wright or Bill Pye,Bob Wright Bill Pye

Or with some creative hacking you could likely booger a Gasgas rear fender to it...

Or with some creative hacking you could likely booger a Gasgas rear fender to it...

Thanks for the reply. I will hit up Mike at the Tryals Shop tomorrow.

Funny you mention the Gas Gas fender, as my Gas Gas is sitting only a few feet from the Fantic and I was eyeing the rear fender thinking it just might work...

Strip and clean the power valve.i am sure it is seized. You will need new cables also.

these mechanisms were new and ignored in their day, evenmoreso now

Lee

Thanks for the advice. I assume it is similar in design to the powervalves that were in the Yamaha RZ350 I used to have?

And htrdoug, thanks for the call on Mike and the Tryals Shop. He had all the items I was looking for in stock.