Fantic 200

majesty320

Hi

Im going to be rebuilding a Fantic 156 200 FM350 soon and was wondering what mods people are doing and recommend, it has a reaward kick start and will be used in clubman trials. It has not been used for years and needs a complete rebuild so I though I would incorporate any mods as I go, Im not bothered about it being original I just want something that rides well (with somebody else on).

many drop into the bigger is better theme but i think you'll find the 200 is more than capable especially if your small boned!

these guys have helped me with my 240 the stuff they sell fits first time and does what they claim, the mods they reccomend work.. cant be fairer than that.. http://www.classictrial.co.uk/fantic.html

its a lesson some others involved in pre65/ twinshocks could learn from as i come in from the shed after 4 hours modifying/ drastically altering something that was ' bolts straight on...'

Edited by totalshell

Have to agree with Totalshell, Chris at Classictrial can tell you all you need to know, as can Bill Pye at http://www.nickandkaren.co.uk/frankfieldfantic.co.uk/

With the standard 200 the most worth while mod must be repositioning the pegs lower and further back.

A well tuned OE carb or a new flat side OKO from Classictrial will never cause you a problem and together with a decent pair of dampers you will have one of the best twin-shocks available...imo!

The only mods I did to mine was to put wider footrests on, welding the brackets slightly down and back.

I did get a set of handle bars risers made for it, but I am 6ft4.

Cut off the steering lock as this halfs the weight of the bike!

Burn the exhaust out, then cut into the exhaust near the back (airbox side) about 8" long and take the baffles out that have packing behind. Clean off bits of baffle and weld back the piece you cut out. (dont repack the exhaust, some will disagree with this) Make a 125 moto x silencer fit and once you set it up to suit yourself, your love it.

:thumbup: these guys have helped me with my 240 the stuff they sell fits first time and does what they claim, the mods they reccomend work.. cant be fairer than that.. http://www.classictr....uk/fantic.html

:iamwithstupid:

And I'm across the pond , Chris is one of the best folks I've ever delt with ... Although when it comes to the trials folks I've dealt with on your side of the pond , Can't say I've had a bad experience yet ... Steve Goode , IN motion ETC. ETC........