Sticking pots

cabby

The usual pumping of the brake and opening and closing the bleed nipple

did you just use the lever or something to push the plunger all the way in ?????

Just the lever normaly doesnt work as it doesnt move the parts of the m/c enough.

Edited by thespikeyone

Hi

I have had similar problems bleeding brakes as I am more used to nice easy cables, but having aquired a couple of gassers in the last couple of years and replaced all seals and pistons I now am reasonably confident about bleeding the systems.

This has been covered on here many times over, but it seems the only easy way to do it is to push the fluid in through the bleed nipple and up to the master cylinder.

Start with the reservoir and pipe empty get a large syringe from a bike shop or farm store, load it with fluid and with a pipe fitted to the bleed nipple push the fluid up to the reservoir. you need to make sure there is free play on the lever pin or it will block the tiny hole in the master cylinder and wont let the fluid flow.

When it is full close the bleed nipple and work the brake lever it should have some pressure but sometimes just tapping the brakeline with spanner will make some air rise up and out into the reservoir.

I find that you dont get full pressure till the cap is screwed back on and you have used it a bit,

Also just letting a bit of fluid out of the bleed nipple after using it may expell a bit more air./

last bit, I have found that it can get a bit messy so do most of this with the wheel and pads removed.

Hope this helps. TLTEL