Rim Tape Again!

djdenzil

After consulting many trials oracles on how to fit a new rim tape, I cannot for the life of me get all the "blebs" out. The rim tape seems to be slightly too long, has anyone else found this?

It does'nt matter where I start its always the same. Is this an issue with the EVO rear wheel and can I safely sikaflex the wheel up with the wheel as it is.

This is a new spare wheel and has only done 4 sections before the IRC came completely off the rim.

Any help greatly appreciated.

After consulting many trials oracles on how to fit a new rim tape, I cannot for the life of me get all the "blebs" out. The rim tape seems to be slightly too long, has anyone else found this?

It does'nt matter where I start its always the same. Is this an issue with the EVO rear wheel and can I safely sikaflex the wheel up with the wheel as it is.

This is a new spare wheel and has only done 4 sections before the IRC came completely off the rim.

Any help greatly appreciated.

call me dj, please!

I found that the nipples are way too big on the evo back wheel and once ground down refitting the band was much much easier and it holds the pressur fine now.

I had a 2010 for 12 months and couldnt get it to hold air for 24 hours and i tried every bit of advice on here and 4 new rim tapes, if they hadnt changed the wheel for the new one i would have bought a gasser, picked the new one up last thursday and it aint lost owt. :thumbup:

I had a 2010 for 12 months and couldnt get it to hold air for 24 hours and i tried every bit of advice on here and 4 new rim tapes, if they hadnt changed the wheel for the new one i would have bought a gasser, picked the new one up last thursday and it aint lost owt. :thumbup:

Are you saying they gave you a new 2011 wheel, I've been told by Lampkins that they are on back order and are not expected for a least 4 - 6 weeks!!