Down Sizing

blocky

Guest gasgastxtpro

If i am not mistaken, the 125cc rule does not actually come into ruling until 2006.

Although i belive you must gain the permission of your riding club beforehand.

I believe the rule was delayed because of the shortage of 125cc bikes on the market.

Richard

My understanding is that your son is in his 2nd year of B class.

The ACU website states that for 2005 all riders in B class will ride 125cc machines.

However they also state that because of shortages of 125cc bikes (have they been looking with thier eyes shut) B class youths may ride larger capacity machines on a no award basis. (Subject the approval from the club)

Although in any National events they will only be allowed to ride a 125cc.

I'd sell the 250 and buy him a 125, ours is an 04 Gas Gas and it's spot on.

What is the reasoning behind the rule of the B class riding only 125 CC machines? I am from the states (that could explain a few of my ideas). This basically pertains to youths correct. In my personal opinion (which my wife rarely agrees with any of them) if the youth can handle the weight and power of a larger machine and the parents/guardian of the youth feels that the youth can handle the larger machine than why not?

I also agree that a youth can benefit greatly from the lower weight of the "smaller" machines, and that less power will emphasize technique more and make a better rider in the long run. But who am I to tell them what they can ride in competition.