tlr 200 clutch

alan

before i take the cover off, has any one had similar experiences?

The cluch bites when the lever is almost fully out......which leads me to believe that the plates are badly worn.

When the bike is cold it is fairly easy to shift gears and find neutral, when its hot it is almost impossibe to do either, which leads me to think that the drum is notched and the plates are dragging....

am i barking up the wrong tree?

before i take the cover off, has any one had similar experiences?

The cluch bites when the lever is almost fully out......which leads me to believe that the plates are badly worn.

When the bike is cold it is fairly easy to shift gears and find neutral, when its hot it is almost impossibe to do either, which leads me to think that the drum is notched and the plates are dragging....

am i barking up the wrong tree?

replace clutch plates with cb100n plates.run on mobile one oil.problem nearly solved,well wont be as bad.

• 1 month later...

you need to adjust the free play on the cable when the clutch gets hot

what you have is normal the honda clutches are really bad ones

best is not to ride on the clutch all the time

on a 200 thats not so hard if the sections are not very severe on a 250 its nearly impossible

you will get used to it but there is not a lot to do to it (well there is but its not easy and a lot of work)

kevlar plates help a bit but the problem is the clutch operating mechanism is not good enough for trials use

dont use synthetic oils that are not suited for wet clutches.

best regards bob