NEW SHOCKS

motovintage

Probably going to buy the NJB trials Expert for my Cota 123, price is not to far out of my leauge, was wondering if anyone has some feedback on these? are they rebuildable? is the performance good? are they durable? a friend had the clubman shocks on his Cota 200 several years back and said they worked good.

I would be interested in other shocks in the same price range.

link: http://www.speedandsport.com/shocks.html

I've used Rock shocks on an Ossa Mar and now on my gripper over the past two years. Light, you can adjust the damping in about 15 min (no nitrogen) and I haven't had an issue with them.

cheers

would you have a link for rock shocks, all I could fing was "rock shox" for bicycles

I have a pair of NJB trials shocks on my 72 247 Cota and they work well. Mine are a little longer than stock so it has quickened up the steering a bit but not a problem. They are not rebuildable as far as I know and are mounted inverted. I got them from Matt at Speed & Sport and he helped me decide on the spring rate. Price wise they were competetive with others and less money that the Betors. I have ridden a couple events with them and no problems.

Sam

I have not decided yet, the Rock Shocks are 425$ OUCH!, the NJB's are 250$, the Rock's are rebuildable and internally tunable, the NJB's are not rebuildable and not tunable, the logical choice is the rock shocks, the extra 175$ is what it comes down to, $250 is a bit of a stretch for me anyway, dont really see how I can afford $425, may just have to wait a while and save more $$$

I have not decided yet, the Rock Shocks are 425$ OUCH!, the NJB's are 250$, the Rock's are rebuildable and internally tunable, the NJB's are not rebuildable and not tunable, the logical choice is the rock shocks, the extra 175$ is what it comes down to, $250 is a bit of a stretch for me anyway, dont really see how I can afford $425, may just have to wait a while and save more $$$

Unless you've got full size wheels on your Cota, and it's your primary bike, I'd say the Rock Shocks would be a major waste of $.

I have The NJBs on my Bultaco and they work fine. If you damage one you simply replace it.

Unless you've got full size wheels on your Cota, and it's your primary bike, I'd say the Rock Shocks would be a major waste of $.

I have The NJBs on my Bultaco and they work fine. If you damage one you simply replace it.

it's an '84 model, they came with 18 & 21 tires, it will be my primary bike this season, also I am very picky abought bike set up, just not sure I can justify $425

Edited by MotoVintage

it's an '84 model, they came with 18 & 21 tires, it will be my primary bike this season, also I am very picky abought bike set up, just not sure I can justify $425

I wasn't aware that there was such a Cota. In that case, and since it's not AHRMA legal anyway, I'd get the best shocks you can afford and have fun.

I wasn't aware that there was such a Cota. In that case, and since it's not AHRMA legal anyway, I'd get the best shocks you can afford and have fun.

don't think the made very many, wish I could get a production number for '84 123, it looked like the 200 but had an extra frame gaurd around the engine case & the tank was a little different where it covers the rear shocks.

gal_cota200.jpg

cota123withdiskbrake.jpg

Yes I'm familiar with the 200. It's certainly one of the best twin shocks around. And you've got a disc brake as well. I'd say it's worth investing in a good pair of shocks.

I don't imagine very many 123s made it into the U.S.

Edited by motovita