A trip in congo

biffsgasgas

Ok so it was a slow day at work but I needed to get stuff done. In one of my very few down periods I stumbled across this post in a forum.

I have that sense of adventure or at least have tid bits of it compared to these two. I also go bareling into adventure with out thinking too much about the bad stuff that can happen. That's parts of the Team WGASA spirit.

Beware that this is a long read. It really should be a book (that I would gladly purchase). I know that there are stories like this with trials people (mike rapley and copey to name a couple)

Grab a cup of coffee and sit back for a great story. Fredrik also known as RadioBaobab. I don't know him but after this post I feel like I do. click here.

enjoy

--Biff

FYI i am taking monday off because i read this today... poo!

Biff, I think it a bit ironic that you mention me, as most anything I might spell out is usually short and sweet! My two typing fingers ger tired! quick!

I actually did a read/ scan through this guys adventure. All I can say is he is IS on the edge! I have spent some quality time in central Mexico and felt more secure!

That place is just nuts! Not for me!

Once again, at the same time I say this, my daughter has done one missions trip to Africa, and the wifey is currently planning another to Angola , I think? Medical mission.

All this makes me question this guys sense of adventure, seems he has no real purpose other than getting himself accross. Spending his time and money to enjoy himself. Risk his and his spouse lives. And on the backs of the missionaries.

Whatever gets you off! Not sure here, yet still a great read! Not for me!

:rolleyes:

Edited by copemech

Hey! I grew up in that neck of the woods!

When I was a kid we lived a few miles from what was then the Congo and as it was turning into Zaire. I still remember the refugee Belgiums coming across the border.

Little known fact about about the Congo prior to independence: that country had more hospital beds per capita than did Belgium. So much for evil colonialists.

Edited by TooFastTim