Oil pipe.

bulltaco

I don't believe there is such a thing. Most flexible tubing that is clear is very poor under pressure and heat. The only clear tubing that I know of is used in the dispensing system for bulk soft drinks and beer and it operates under very little pressure and no heat. I also know that it does not hold up when used with petroleum fluids and it gets very stiff and stains.

When a tube is braided to reinforce it for pressure it will be impossible to see through the tubing even if the rubber/plastic/vinyl portion is clear. If you are wanting to be able to see your clean or dirty oil flowing through the tubing - the best I think you can hope for is to get some kind of sight glass similar to the clear glass fuel filters with the metal fittings on each end. I have no idea what kind of pressure rating these would have - but I know in steam boilers some of the glass sight gauges for watching the water level can hold several hundred pounds.

On my 500 Triumph and BSA trials bikes I just use clear plastic (fuel line type) tubing since there is no significant pressure on the supply and return lines and it makes it easy to see that the oil pump is working and the colour of the oil. The tubing does eventually go hard but it is cheap to replace. I was also able to buy clear braided tubing from my local hardware store but the amount of braid was minimal and I doubt it would take much pressure. What bike are you using it on and what sort of pressure will the tubing see?

Thanks, I'm obviously showing my age, thinking of the stuff we used in the 60's!.

It's for the non-standard oil lines on my old Rocket/Dominator hybrid cafe racer. I've had all the bits under the bench for over 40 years and have started resurrecting it.

I'll get some rubber stuff somewhere hopefully.

Edited by bulltaco

Thanks, I'm obviously showing my age, thinking of the stuff we used in the 60's!.

It's for the non-standard oil lines on my old Rocket/Dominator hybrid cafe racer. I've had all the bits under the bench for over 40 years and have started resurrecting it.

Have a look in B&Q, dont rember if they do braided, but do have a good selection.

Try Halfords diesel fuel line, it is fuel/oil resistant and is braided, comes in a variety of bore sizes!

I have it on my BSA and Matchless.

Big John