JT 160 Brake problems

beta_trials

Hey guys i have a 95 gas gas JT 160 the 175 cc bike. Had it out the other day and discovered a major front brake caliper problem. Pulled it off to discover i have the outer piston not moving at all and the inner is not returning fully. It appears to be jammed up by something. I was able to get it to close all the way once then i tried to move the brakes it pushed out to the same point where it would not return again. what can i do to it. the bike sat for a good while and i have tried to oil the pistons but there still is no improvement. I need some ideas of what to do to either fix the problem or what i can replace it with.

First thing is to remove the caliper completly from the bike working on a bench is best, the caliper itself is held together with 2 bolts either side remove those which will enable you to split the caliper in half but emty out the old brsake fluid dot 4 i would reccommend.

Once in half you will be able to remove the piston and seals x2 clean or replace with new and use a good cleaner to remove all grit-dirt these need to be very clean of oil grease for the rebuild.

once rebuilt re fit to bike top up with fluid, bleed and away you go new brakes, good luck.