Barbour Comercial

ducman

Are those not the waxed cotton canvas made jackets?

Is there anything near in more modern materials that folks have tried? And afforfable?

Those jackets are the last thing you want for trials, times have changed, they are a fashion thing now.

If you want something that sort of looks like that I bought Black jacket off Wrighty and trousers to match, British made and very good. The trousers are due for renewal due to me burning them on the exhaust and patching them up, I will get some more off him at Telford show.

pm me if you want a number.

I'm curious. The jackets have the union flag (no, not the union jack. That flies on ships) above the left breast pocket. For a start, AFAIK, only people who have represented Britain in the ISDE or have won a British experts trial qualify for this honour so why sell it to any Tom, Dick or Harry?. Next, why 1964?

I'm curious. The jackets have the union flag (no, not the union jack. That flies on ships) above the left breast pocket. For a start, AFAIK, only people who have represented Britain in the ISDE or have won a British experts trial qualify for this honour so why sell it to any Tom, Dick or Harry?. Next, why 1964?

Fashion I guess would be the answer. They don't expect the jackets to be worn by trials riders, they just want some of the 'cool' factor.

To kickstart this anniversary, Barbour is producing two very special limited edition jackets recreated for modern style connoisseurs.

And it's 1964 as that is when Steve McQueen and the American team bought them.

I have a Nato issued International which obviously comes without all the silly patches. It's a good jacket and mine has had a lot of wear, though not on the bike. Might have to give it a try. :thumbup:

Fashion I guess would be the answer. They don't expect the jackets to be worn by trials riders, they just want some of the 'cool' factor.

And it's 1964 as that is when Steve McQueen and the American team bought them.

I have a Nato issued International which obviously comes without all the silly patches. It's a good jacket and mine has had a lot of wear, though not on the bike. Might have to give it a try. :thumbup:

i have an old MOD international suit and its chipper for when its pouring down the trousers are cosy as toast.. cost me 30 quid plus a tenner for a new jkt belt i've worn it on trials car trials trail riding and out in the field .. proper stuff does the job.. keeps you dry ( ish) and warm and now apparently worth abob or two.. what more could a yorkshireman want..

Edited by totalshell

i dont think that the acu have union flag as a trade mark so its up for grabs.. and if 1964 is to celebrate mr mqueens celebration .. why the union flag ?

mcqueen certainly wore an international suit for the 64 isdt as did the great majority of riders SM visited england and bought the suit before the trial. his suit certainly bore the stars and stripes and a lapel badge with his bike no. 278.

Edited by totalshell

It's the same flag, whether called the Union or Union Jack. The 'Jack' reference is because it was the part of the ship it was originally flown from (I've no idea what that part was) As far as I know, Union was added to the name some time later.

I hope those lads never turn out in a Pre65 competition on those bikes - they look a bit handy...