Pre 65 Scottish 2011

metisse

Hi Guy's.

Look, This is a long time thing?

This two day trial has now been running since 1985?

And over the years people have come to work one of there holidays around this event,and has I have stated the SSDT,the following week.

Now, over the years since the event started, the publicity has been good! and it has got to be one of the events that every classic trials rider wants to compete in before they are to old, and are unable too.

The "Names" the Press, and usually the previous winners of the event, will always get a ride? with in reason, on what ever they turn up with? A few Rigids will always be included, as this puts the Pre65 element in to the trial.

The rest while the event has such a vast draw from the "One of the things I need to do before I die" brigade, will always suffer a ballot of some description, or an entry refusal. There is only so many hours of daylight in 24 hours. And you would not want observers out longer anyway? I feel the only answer if change, was viable. Would be to have two separate trials. One the week before the SSDT, and one after? this is the only way that people wanting to compete in this event, would all get a ride? But then it could get to many entries again? And would the people putting on this event want too, or could they even cope with two trials as close? And would the land owners want more damage to there land? And I believe the policing laws in Scotland are not condusive?

So it looks like you are stuck with what you have got Girls and Boys? Has long as there are engineers, mechanics, bodgers, ETC, putting machines together that slightly resemble something built in the fifties early,or late sixties. You will always have this trial? with its controversies! And if it went it would only be another nail in the departing British Bike coffin.

Regards Charlie.

Sorry, but very few riders would qualify as being "regular" competetors in Scottish Pre-65 events.

I have to agree with my friend "B40RT" on that point, fair point! The club I am a member in runs an annual Pre65 and Twinshock event, (see my signature for details)!

We are delighted to welcome lads from England, Wales, Derby; Yorkshire; Spain; Catalunya etc.

But Scotsmen... are always in the minority!

Mind you... "B40RT" has ridden the Highland Classic since it started!

Sad fact of life is that our Scottish Championship is a Scottish combined Pre65/Twinshock award because we can hardly get enough riders to make it work, yet when the E&D issue the list for the Pre65 Scottish 2 day and it shows a "mere" 19 places for Scottish competitors, the tartan shards fly!

Just an observation!

Big John

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Taking into account that "a number of places are allocated at the organisers discretion" does anybody know how many places are actually subject to this "ballot". Not having a dig just wondering cos i do think most of the "interested" parties would like to know how many places they are actually competing for after the club has allocated that ever elusive "number" of places for whoever. Depending on the number of "available" places perhaps that 19 scots might not be so bad after all.

Is it so wrong to want to know how many places were actually up for grabs?

• Dislike 1

Hi Guy's.

Look, This is a long time thing?

This two day trial has now been running since 1985?

And over the years people have come to work one of there holidays around this event,and has I have stated the SSDT,the following week.

Now, over the years since the event started, the publicity has been good! and it has got to be one of the events that every classic trials rider wants to compete in before they are to old, and are unable too.

The "Names" the Press, and usually the previous winners of the event, will always get a ride? with in reason, on what ever they turn up with? A few Rigids will always be included, as this puts the Pre65 element in to the trial.

The rest while the event has such a vast draw from the "One of the things I need to do before I die" brigade, will always suffer a ballot of some description, or an entry refusal. There is only so many hours of daylight in 24 hours. And you would not want observers out longer anyway? I feel the only answer if change, was viable. Would be to have two separate trials. One the week before the SSDT, and one after? this is the only way that people wanting to compete in this event, would all get a ride? But then it could get to many entries again? And would the people putting on this event want too, or could they even cope with two trials as close? And would the land owners want more damage to there land? And I believe the policing laws in Scotland are not condusive?

So it looks like you are stuck with what you have got Girls and Boys? Has long as there are engineers, mechanics, bodgers, ETC, putting machines together that slightly resemble something built in the fifties early,or late sixties. You will always have this trial? with its controversies! And if it went it would only be another nail in the departing British Bike coffin.

Regards Charlie.

Having been a back marker a few times collecting the score books I can tell you that there are still plenty of hours of day light left to increase the entry numbers. It could so easily be boosted up to 250. One thing I have noticed in the past is the time limits seem to be a bit large. If these where tightened up then maybe this would speed things up.

That and hurry up the riders who love to wait around till the sections become easier. I still cannot fathom out how a top flight classic rider who set off before me, lagged around behind me and finished at least half an hour after I did still didn't get penalised on mark and I did. After a fewf technical problems I finished about five minutes late. Still some have all the luck.

I still cannot fathom out how a top flight classic rider who set off before me, lagged around behind me and finished at least half an hour after I did still didn't get penalised on mark and I did. After a fewf technical problems I finished about five minutes late. Still some have all the luck.

I find that sooooooooooo hard to believe B)

Surely not :wall:

• Dislike 1

Taking into account that "a number of places are allocated at the organisers discretion" does anybody know how many places are actually subject to this "ballot". Not having a dig just wondering cos i do think most of the "interested" parties would like to know how many places they are actually competing for after the club has allocated that ever elusive "number" of places for whoever. Depending on the number of "available" places perhaps that 19 scots might not be so bad after all.

Is it so wrong to want to know how many places were actually up for grabs?

Quote copied from the official website.

"The ballot for this event is not simply 180 names pulled from a hat. It is balloted in many different categories to ensure a wide variety of bikes, cc class, nationality, newcomers, over 60

• Dislike 1

• 1 month later...