240/243

spud1968

Its been a bit of time since i've logged on (spud but now spud1968) and seeing as i've got some time off work i dug the beauty out and had a tinker. I had a problem with the gearbox on the 240 motor when i rode it last and rather than have it rebuilt i came across a 243 engine (which is now in the bike) The flywheel on the 243 has a weight fitted. Unfortunately, i didn't get the magneto cover and nor did i want to alter the frame to fit the bigger flywheel. BUT! I still like to fit the 243 flywheel and having it machined to fit the 240 magneto cover is this a good move? And what should i do with the weight bolted to the flywheel.

The front forks could do with being stiffer. The springs have seen better days so what are the NM weight for the orginals and what do you guys recommend for a 14.5stone fat boy rider...lol

I have also fitted a 300 brake plate but i think the shoes are a little big although they did go in okay. What kind of running in do a new set of shoes take?

Thats it.....i've fitted a new brake pedal and clutch plates. I also fitted a standard length clutch arm. The wheel has a puncture so thats next and the front tyre is cracking so any recommendations?

long post that, sorry,

Cliff