Define a beginner ?

cabby

Just ride the easy line, dab all you need and have some fun trying. At the end of the day, the personal reward is better than the pay! Big thing, relax ! :rolleyes:

I like your style fella. I'm only in it for the fun, and don't get out every month so probably a beginner for the rest of my life. :thumbup:

Alternatively, only give out awards to the Youth riders riding in the correct age/class and then you know that they are getting the right awards.

We give out adult and Youth trophies for the top three on each route every season and it's always dissapointing how many riders fail to collect their trophies at the awards ceremony.

I don't mind not giving out the trophies if people let me know they can't make it, but more often than not they just don't bother to turn up and I'm left standing like a muppet calling out their names to a round of applause only to find they're not present.

We usually have an entry of around 50 to 60 but although nwe see the same faces year after year, very few do every round which makes a championship a little pointless.

I will be giving out awards in 2011 but it may well be the last year that we do it, I might as well simply drop the entry fee by

I like your style fella. I'm only in it for the fun, and don't get out every month so probably a beginner for the rest of my life. :thumbup:

Nothing wrong with that, you see! Get out, ride a bit, learn a bit, possibly reflect upon simple mistakes you may try to avoid.

Some may naturally progress to a harder route du to their own agressive riding, others may not!

Work on the skills! It is a skills game! Balance and teknique, against nature!

Ride smart, in control! Yes, you can challenge yourself without being stupid, or you can take calculated risks, good thing here for the punters is that for what we do, it is a short trip to terra firma! :rolleyes:

One thing that suffers if you only ride occasionally is bike fitness, the muscles you use never get built up so you always feel tired and stiff when you do ride.

If I can't get out every week (which happens a lot now I have small children) then I always try to get 10 minutes on the bike in the back garden, it helps to keep the bike running nicely and just keeps the muscles active.

Obvioulsy the more the better, but every little helps.

Pete