A Taste Of France This Year I Think.

bilc0

Anybody Done the 2 Day Arbecey Classic Trial.

Heres a small write up i found,it seems like the real deal.

2 DAYS OF Arbecey:

International Classic Trial.

21 & 22 Août 2010.

Organised by the Club TRAIL 70 Classic, the third trial of Arbecey was an unexpected success.

Indeed, nearly 150 pilots from eight European nations, participated in this event, now in its 3rd edition, more than double that in the 2009 edition.

For the occasion, the organizers offered a program consisting of, with, on Saturday, a journey of 15 km and 12 non-stop areas, and on Sunday, a journey of 34 km and 20 non-stop areas, formula one more accustomed to meet in the current trials.

Areas, long, technical, but not dangerous plots had 3 levels following drivers: experts (red) - National (blue) and walkers (yellow).

Varied,they proposed a variety of terrain and obstacles different rolling stones, slabs slippery roots, Devers, etc. ...and even a very long climb straight into the rubble of stone, called "pipe line", with a wink to the famous area doeil mythical Scottish 6 Days.

The atmosphere was also good to go, since the Saturday after the trial, drivers were invited to tour the village on motorbikes, dancing and a meal was served under the big departure, party led by an orchestra rock.

TRAIL 70 Classic Club has already entered this event in calendar 2011, 20 & 21 August, with still a lot of news.

Edited by bilc0

Yep did it last year, purely by chance I turned up to watch a mate , somebody else offered a bike , sighned on no problem, nice people nice ride around sensible sections, parking if you're camping only has a small level area (if you have time etc get in early) the rest is a bit cambered and was soft last year, Water was a bit short also, nearest shop c.3 k south. I wouldn't reccomend following satnav for last twenty miles it's much quicker sticking to big/main roads but the countryside is nice! I spect there will be a few other brits there.

Just to be a bore we are doing 3 days of Ardeche ,4 days of Geuret, 3 days of Haute Vosges, and just to round it off 7 (yes seven) days of Aveyron this summer. Maybe bump into you en France hope this helps.

You have a good looking trialing calender for the year.

Thanks for the word Chewy,thats good enough for me.

If there no shop in the village i expect it would be a silly question asking if there's a Bed and Breakfast or hotel in the village.

Let us know if your gonna turn up at this one closer to the time.

Just an extra thought ; the guy who runs the event Joel Corroy (JCM fame) speaks good english, Craig Mowlam ( 2 shock Yamaha stuff has a site) and knows him or suitable contactsif you get stuck I can try to find an adress for Craig who may be able to make contacts for you .

• 4 weeks later...