Long Shot - Custom Doors

Andy

I know this is a long shot, but you never know who knows who out there...

I'm looking to have the storm doors on my house replaced. As can be seen they're a wee bit past their best...

post-20-0-96166500-1296498195.jpg

Got a quote from one company...

American White Oak

£4,720 + vat.

Alternatively doors all as above but

Hardwood Maranti £2.630 + vat.

Alternatively doors all as above but

Douglas Fir £3,420 + vat.

Just about had a bloody heart attack :blink:

jesus-carpenter.jpg

Got to laugh. There's a bench vice in that pic. Bench vices use screwthreads right? It was only possible to machine a thread from the time of the industrial revolution some 1800 yrs later. In fact the ability to machine a thread was one of the great breakthroughs of the industrial revolution.

JC may as well be picured surfing the 'net.

Edited by TooFastTim

Got to laugh. There's a bench vice in that pic. Bench vices use screwthreads right? It was only possible to machine a thread from the time of the industrial revolution some 1800 yrs later. In fact the ability to machine a thread was one of the great breakthroughs of the industrial revolution.

JC may as well be picured surfing the 'net.

I do believe Archemedies invented the screw thread way before jeebus came around,but it was only used as a pump for a long time,but you know,jesus may have not wanted credit for his inventions,wanted to leave dat stuff for mortal man,you can bet his spaceship had a few nuts and bolts holding it together somewhere. :icon_salut:

Probably not wise to jack up this thread with this crapola...

It's true that Archimedes conceived of the thread but, as you say, as a pump. The big breakthrough was the invention of the leadscrew (yes I know, chicken and egg?) and it could be asid that the invention of the leadscrew made the industrial revolution possible.

I'm not getting into the JC thing here. That's a personal matter and I have no right to judge somebody in this regard but I was astounded by the ignorance of the artist that painted that pic.

Just rack it up to yet another of His miracles.........

Jon

Ya know,

Jesus was a carpenter,were these quotes based on getting him to rise again and make you some doors? :o

jesus-carpenter.jpg0cool_jesus.jpg

Are these the American-ised depictions of JC?

I only ask because I think the assault rifle has been air-brushed out of the second picture...for PC reasons?

P.S. Is he taking off the safety?

Edited by HAM2