290 for newbie

drake

I know of a couple people useing the head spacer..It make the bike very dull and very easy to kick over..

You only need a very thin smear of the sealant.

Whats the jetting on your OKO carb copemech,,,I be intrested to know.. And how tame does it make the 290???

With the Oko 24, I am currently on a 38/100 combo on the jets. Airscrew currently at 3/4 turn out for the winter running.

All I can really say in my subjective opinion is that the Oko just seems a bit smoother in progression than even my well tuned 26 Dellorto, yet ultimate power at WOT seems same or similar. Being a bit better mixing device, seems mor stable in one sense, yet not in another, as you gotts set them for the day a bit.

The logical things here are, firstly, for a given mm of movement on the slide, you are opening a smaller hole, making it more progressive. Yet ultimatly, at WOT, I think the carb flows better due to inlet design, so not much loss here.(Like I need to go there much!)

Big thing here is as the motor is basically under-carbed a bit, the engine volume and high manifold vacume litreally suck more fuel up once you get it on the needle vs main, so you gotta trim back quite a bit(which is consistant with the guide rule of dropping or increasing main jet size by 10% for each mm decrease or increase of bore). And I could go further, but I like them a bit rich on top!(insurance).

All said, it is a bit on edge for the 272cc motor, but works.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an 09 and with a high gear and good clutch control these bikes will go anywhere, its when you get in a muddle it tries to pull your arms off!

Couple of rides in and i'm loving the bike. being new to trials though, it has taught me several things

1. I have no bike skills whatsoever

2. I have no balance whatsoever

3. when the throttle jams open and you end up a tree, it's the scariest thing ever to happen to you on a motorcycle and it hurts a lot

What I mean to say is i'm loving it so far :rolleyes:

Couple of rides in and i'm loving the bike. being new to trials though, it has taught me several things

3. when the throttle jams open and you end up a tree, it's the scariest thing ever to happen to you on a motorcycle and it hurts a lot

O good then, having fun! Clutch is golden parachute !

It really does help if you got some mates to explain tecniques a bit, or find a school, got to make a few brain adjustments!!! :thumbup: